2022 Summer Camp Staff
Summer Camp Staff Job Description:
The Northern Virginia 4-H Educational Center is currently taking applications for Camp Summer Staff. This is a seasonal position beginning in mid-May and ending in mid-August. We stress the 4-H philosophy of “Learn-By-Doing” in all 4-H Center programs, which means that participants learn by becoming actively involved in an activity. In order to meet the needs of the thousands of youth we serve each year we hire about seventeen (18) college-aged summer staff. Typically, summer staff has completed at least one year of college and have work and/or volunteer experience in 4-H, camp, teaching, and/or other youth programming. (Previous experience in 4-H is not required.)
We believe that camp is a place for both children and staff to learn and grow. Summer Staff have a primary program area assignment. We are seeking candidates however, who are interested and willing to participate in several program areas throughout the summer based on training and experience. Although staff are assigned to a primary program area based on their interest and level of training, please note that staff is equally responsible for providing a rewarding camp experience both in classes and in all camp programs.
- Attend and participate in Staff Orientation and trainings.
- Consider the camper first.
- Concerned with the total camp experience of all campers.
- Review session medical information to be aware of special medical needs of campers under your supervision. You will ensure that those needs are met.
- Set an example of promptness to activities and meals, with manners, language, and so on. Center staff are role models for the campers and teens that we serve!
- Assist in the daily and weekly cabin/lodge and center clean up, taking pride and stewardship in our facility.
- Supplement and compliment program areas in:
Organization and leadership of the program area
- Program and instruction in the program area
- The successful operation of the program area
- Managing children’s behavior and provide a safe learning experience
- Maintaining the cleanliness of program area
- Plan and implement evening programs including campfire programs and other activities depending upon the skills and imagination of the staff and campers.
- Assist Extension staff in implementation and supervision of camper activities during the evening programs, including campfires and special events.
- Other duties as assigned by Program Director.
Apply at: https://form.jotform.com/212835262733152
* Preference is given to application submitted by December 13, 2021
Tired of being inside?
Come be a part of the Northern Virginia 4-H Center family this summer as our Camp Nurse. Spend your summer outdoors with a healthy, active population in a supportive community!
We are a coed Residential/Overnight camp that sits on 229 acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains, just outside of Front Royal, Virginia.
Camp nursing is unique and can be extremely rewarding. Working at the Northern Virginia 4-H Center is an opportunity to practice child-centered care in an exceptional and remote outdoor learning environment.
Please see the Job Description in the comments for more details.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter to Katie Tennant, the Program Director at the Northern Virginia 4-H Center: firstname.lastname@example.org
Don't miss out - apply today!
Questions can also be sent via email or by phone at (540) 635-7171 x3
Part-time Food Service Worker
Responsible for following directions given by Food Service Manager, Assistant Food Service Manager and Shift Leader.
This position reports to the Food Service Manager and in the absence of the Food Service Manager this employee will report to the Assistant Food Service Manager and/or Shift Leader on duty.
- Provide assistance daily in the on-going food service duties
- Assist in the preparation of food
- Assist in cleaning the dining hall which includes wiping off tables and chairs and
- mopping dining hall floor.
- Work in dish room which includes running the dishwasher and putting things away.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen and proper storage of food
- Clean bathrooms as needed making sure that supplies are refilled
- Work cooperatively with all members of the Food Service Department
- Work cooperatively with other departments
- Always wear 4-H Center identification
We have a vacancy in our team for a Janitor to work across a number of buildings. You will perform a variety of maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep the buildings looking perfect. To work well in this role you should have basic maintenance knowledge around building repairs and some experience cleaning.
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Cleaning and stock restrooms.
- Ensure doors are locked after hours.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well when supervisors are not present.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning and other janitorial work.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies.
- High school diploma.
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment.