These are some of the most commonly asked questions about our fireworks event. If you have more questions, please contact us at (540) 635-7171 during regular business hours or Facebook.
What events and activities will be taking place?
A variety of activities and vendors will be available. Community organizations will have tables with information and activities, a variety of food trucks and vendors will be on site, and children's activities will be set up.
What time should I arrive?
The pool will open at noon. For all other activities, plans are still being made. Watch this space for details as they become available.
Will the pool be open? What are the pool hours?
The pool will operate on a normal Saturday schedule, opening at noon and closing at 7PM. Immediately following the fireworks, the pool will reopen and operate until midnight. There is a fee of $3 to swim after the fireworks.
What time are the fireworks?
Fireworks will begin at dusk, which is approximately 9PM.
Where will the fireworks be set off?
We have worked hard with our fireworks vendor and the local authorities to determine the best place for this year's fireworks to both highly visible and safe for the audience and 4-H Center facilities. The fireworks will be tentatively be launched from the Conference Center parking lot, directly above the soccer field. The elevation should ensure a good view for everyone.
Where will I be able to park?
Parking will be available on the soccer field and surrounding area. Pool patrons will be allowed to remain parked at the pool. Staff and volunteers will be posted to direct traffic to available parking spaces.
Is handicapped parking available?
There will be reserved parking in close proximity to the activities but, as an outdoor event, there will be uneven terrain and elevation changes.
Can I bring my pet/cooler/grill/etc.?
- Pets are welcome, as long as they are leashed at all times and remain under the owner's control.
- Coolers and outside food are permitted. Food and beverages will also be available for purchase at the pool concession stand, Amphitheater, and lower recreation area.
- Grills are permitted but must be operated safely and not interfere with others' enjoyment of the day. Please do not dump coals on 4-H Center property.
- Frisbees, footballs and other games are welcome as well.
- Guns, weapons, or other dangerous items are absolutely prohibited.
- Outside fireworks are absolutely prohibited.