Throughout the year, the Northern Virginia 4-H Educational Center offers both private and public schools many unique opportunities for single or multi-day programs that complement and enhance what is being taught in the classroom. Whether your students need the benefits of teambuilding and enhanced communication, forest exploration and animal habititat study on the Appalachian Trail, or ornithology and macroinvertebrate studies, the 4-H Center will provide an appropriate, safe, and research-based program specifically designed for your students. All of our programs are led and instructed by trained, caring professionals committed to the sharing of knowledge and the improvement of young people. Program content and activities are recommended for 4th grade and above and can be adjusted to suit your educational needs.
The Northern Virginia Natural Resource & Outdoor Education program offers many fun, hands-on learning experiences for children ages 9 and up. Our curriculum ties in to Virginia State SOL’s and is flexible and accommodating. Our most popular classes include:
Natural Resource education
Old Time Games
Soil Studies & Geology
Water Quality Studies
- Outdoor Living Skills - includes lessons in orienteering and fire building as well as Leave No Trace.
- Canoeing - A course in basic maneuvering techniques, strokes, and safety.
- Archery - A great way to improve eye-hand coordination and a lot of fun for groups!
- Orienteering - Use map and compass skills to follow a variety of courses and even design your own!
- Hiking - Day trips along the Appalachian Trail available.
For information about day programs, overnight programs, SOL Correlations, and rates, please call Avery Harper at 540-635-7171 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.