The Northern Virginia 4-H Center's John E. Dooley Challenge Course Program is run as a sequence of activities and elements that are intended to serve as an experiential education tool to encourage teamwork, foster self-confidence and trust, and engage participants both physically and mentally. Additionally, the challenge course provides participants with an opportunity to reflect upon and recognize their role as a leader, follower, team member, and individual.
Our trained facilitators will meet your group where they are at--no need for prior experience. The success of the team depends on each member’s willingness to work with and rely on each other for support. Members of your group need to be at least 9 years old.
- Climbing Wall
- Zip Line
- Leap of Faith
- Low Ropes
- High Ropes
- Explore trust issues and build trust
- Utilize decision making and problem solving skills
- Understand leadership qualities
- Practice positive support, encouragement, and acceptance
- Develop Self-Confidence and Self-Awareness
- Develop Communication skills