Whether your students need the benefits of team-building and enhanced communication, forest exploration and animal habitat study on the Appalachian Trail, or ornithology and macroinvertebrate studies, the 4-H Center will provide an appropriate, safe, and research-based program specifically designed for your students.
The 4-H Center offers many fun, hands-on learning experiences for children ages 9 and up. Our curriculum correlates with Virginia State SOL’s and is flexible and accommodating. We offer single day or multi-day programs for both private and public schools and other youth groups. All of our programs are led and instructed by trained, caring professionals committed to the sharing of knowledge and the improvement of young people. Program content and activities are recommended for 4th grade and above and can be adjusted to suit your educational needs.
Our most popular classes include:
Natural Resource Education
- Animal Tracking
- Discovery Hike
- Forest Ecology
- Old Time Games
- Soil Studies & Geology
- Stream Sampling
- Water Quality Studies
- Wildlife Exploration
- Outdoor Living Skills - Lessons in orienteering and fire building, and Leave No Trace.
- Canoeing - A course in basic maneuvering techniques, strokes, and safety.
- Archery - A great way to improve eye-hand coordination and a lot of fun for groups!
- Orienteering - Use map and compass skills to follow a variety of courses and even design your own!
- Hiking - Day trips along the Appalachian Trail available.