2020 Spring Challenge Course Facilitator
We are looking for responsible, caring, and committed young adults interested in furthering the 4-H mission through safe and thoughtful challenge course programming. Individuals who are energetic, accountable, enthusiastic, and enjoy working in a collaborative partnership with each other and the challenge course manager are welcome to apply. Time will be spent training, facilitating, general course maintenance, record keeping, and working with youth and adults. Prior challenge course experience and certifications helpful. Applicants must be at least 18 years of age, have excellent customer-service, organizational, and communication skills, have current CPR and First Aid Certification at a minimum, and must be able to work active days outside. Benefits include a stimulating work environment, training and professional development opportunities, and on-site lodging (staff house) provided.
To apply, follow this link: https://form.jotform.com/90284813355156
2020 Aquatics Supervisor
The Northern Virginia 4-H Educational Center in Front Royal is seeking applicants for the 2020 summer season. Current Lifeguard, Water Safety Instructor, and Certified Pool Operator certifications required for the Aquatics Supervisor position. Responsibilities include scheduling lifeguards, maintaining a clean and safe pool environment, organizing in-service training, supply inventory and ordering, and revenue accounting. One (1) year as an assistant manager or head lifeguard and two (2) years as a lifeguard in a pool environment preferred. Must be at least 21 years old. Position requires weekend and holiday hours. Applications are available online at https://form.jotform.com/83034546141147 and position will remain open until filled.
The Northern Virginia 4-H Educational Center in Front Royal is seeking applicants for the 2020 summer season. Current Lifeguard certification required. Responsibilities include patron surveillance and maintaining a clean and safe pool environment. Must be at least 16 years old. Position requires weekend and holiday hours. Applications are available online at https://form.jotform.com/83034546141147 and position will remain open until filled.
2020 Swim Instructor
The Northern Virginia 4-H Educational Center in Front Royal is seeking applicants for the 2020 summer season. Current Lifeguard certification and Water Safety Instructor required. Responsibilities include patron surveillance, maintaining a clean and safe pool environment, and teaching swim lessons. Must be at least 18 years old. Position requires weekend and holiday hours. Applications are available online at https://form.jotform.com/83034546141147 and position will remain open until filled.
Part-time Food Service Worker
Responsible for following directions given by Food Service Manager, Assistant Food Service Manager and Shift Leader.
This position reports to the Food Service Manager and in the absence of the Food Service Manager this employee will report to the Assistant Food Service Manager and/or Shift Leader on duty.
- Provide assistance daily in the on-going food service duties
- Assist in the preparation of food
- Assist in cleaning the dining hall which includes wiping off tables and chairs and
- mopping dining hall floor.
- Work in dish room which includes running the dishwasher and putting things away.
- Assist in cleaning kitchen and proper storage of food
- Clean bathrooms as needed making sure that supplies are refilled
- Work cooperatively with all members of the Food Service Department
- Work cooperatively with other departments
- Always wear 4-H Center identification
We have a vacancy in our team for a Janitor to work across a number of buildings. You will perform a variety of maintenance and cleaning tasks to keep the buildings looking perfect. To work well in this role you should have basic maintenance knowledge around building repairs and some experience cleaning.
- General cleaning of the building and keeping it maintained and in good condition.
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop floors.
- Cleaning and stock restrooms.
- Ensure doors are locked after hours.
- Clean up spills with appropriate equipment.
- Perform minor repairs.
- Notify supervisors or managers of major repairs.
- Collect and dispose of trash.
- Complete tasks in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Keep cleaning supplies in stock.
- Ability to manage your time efficiently.
- Work well when supervisors are not present.
- Ability to lift at least 25 pounds.
- Handle basic maintenance, building repairs, cleaning and other janitorial work.
- Basic math skills.
- Able to work safely with a variety of cleaning supplies.
- High school diploma.
- Able to use basic cleaning equipment.